Equipment & Personal Gear Supplied By Students
All students will be required to provide their own:
- sleeping bag, bed sheets and pillow.
- towels, soap etc.
- writing and graph paper, pencils, pens and drafting equipment.
- field clothes
- work boots: are required during all fieldwork, must be either caulk boots, or lace up work boots that extend above the ankle and that have good Vibram style treads.
- hard hats and high visibility safety vests are required during all fieldwork (can be borrowed from the TA at camp).
- rain gear: water proof pants and jacket that are suitable for fieldwork.
- multiple layers of warm clothing that can be adjusted to suit conditions from sunny and 20oC to snowing and -5o
- waterproof field books (e.g. Rite-in-the-Rain), plant identification books, course notes, reference manuals (e.g. Forestry Handbook), Slope Tables, and mensuration text. Students will find their Ecology, Harvesting, Silviculture and Mensuration course notes useful.
- Personal computer – if desired. There will be no computers supplied at the field school because we want to avoid students working on computers rather than concentrating on field work. You should bring power surge protection for your computer.
- A mobile device: with the free version of Avenza Maps® App installed containing a folder with the maps package provided via Canvas. Maps package will be made available mid-April